DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE:
The Department of Political Science was established in 1977. Mrs.Shashi Kiran was the founder member of the department.
- To impart quality education in Political Science to rural and economically weaker students.
- To create interest to opt for political science as a major subject in higher education.
- To make the students creative and research oriented.
- To raise the standard of our students to global levels and make them employable.
- To provide a platform to the students to exhibit their talents & creativity.
Faculty of the Department
- To provide education not only to acquire knowledge but also to inculcate a sound philosophy for a holistic living.
- To encourage self evaluation, personality development & guide the students to strive towards perfection and competence.
- Department of political science provides excellent teaching and learning environment with its focus on continuing education.
Mr. Harjinder Singh (HoD.)
Assistant professor ,HoD., B.A.(HONS. in Political Science),M.A from Panjab university, chandigarh, M.Phill from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra,NET/JRF (POLITICAL SCIENCE AND HUMAN RIGHTS AND DUTIES), Pursuing Ph.D from Panjab university, chandigarh.
SWOC OF DEPARTMENT
- Well Educated faculty.
- Focus on Quality Education and Concept Clarity .
- Counselling the Students for solving the problems.
- Lack of financial aid.
- Rural and Backward area.
- Less use of ICT By Students
- Vast Scope of improvement.
- Local support
- Always ready for social welfare.
- To involve all the stake holder in the department.
- To develop the overall personality of the students.
- To overcome the weakness of the department