DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Physical Education and Sports
“We have been playing games since humanity and civilization. There is something primal about our desire and our ability to play games. It is so deep seated that it can bypass later day cultural norms and biases.”
Mission / Vision
To provide top class sports facilities so as to mould young generation towards sports and motivate them to lead drug free life.
The department of Physical Education was established in the college in 1969 with the inception of this college. It has produced many national and international players in various games and brought laurels to the institution.
The department of Sports was established in 1970.Mrs. Veena Ahluwalia served as DPE in this institutuion from 1979 - 1985.
Faculty of the Department
Academic Qualification :-
- C.P.Ed Punjabi University, Patiala
- B.P.E Panjabi University, Patiala li>
- B.P Ed Punjabi University, Patiala
- M.P Ed Punjabi University, Patiala
- Gradation certificate ‘B’ Grade.
- Participated in (under16) National All India Rural Games.
- Participated in 3rd Circle Style Kabaddi Championship-2004 50th National School games (under 19) 2004 -1st Position
- Inter-College (2005-06),(2006-07) -1st Position
- Participated in All India Inter-University (2005-06) &(2006-07). Participated in 18th North-Zone National Kabaddi Championship (2006).
- K.L International intercity Kabaddi Championship 2010 at Kualalumpur Malaysia- 4th Position.
- Inter- College (2013-14) -1st Position
- Coached Army Kabaddi Team 11GR, Sangrur, (6th month-sept.2014 to Feb. 2015).
- Attended National Conference on Wellness Through Physical Activity
Future Perspective (UGC sponsored)
- Possess the creative thinking and confidence to utilize the available resources to their full extent.
Attended International Conference Health, Fitness & Environment :
Issues & Challenges at Akal college of Physical Education, Sangrur (18-12-2013 to 19-12-2013)
Presentation in National Conference on Wellness Through Physical Activity :
future Perspective at Pbi. Uni. Patiala (17-1-2014 to 18-1-2014)
Poster Presentation in National Seminar on Exceptional Children with Reference to Special Needs by Autism Educational welfare Socity, Sangrur (19-12-2014)
SWOC OF DEPARTMENT
Strength of our department is the teaching faculty’s integrity and dedication.
Teachers -Student relations are cordial and of mutual respect.
Preparation of sports person of National, All India Inter-University and International Level.
Maximum Student opting Physical Education Subject.
Lack of 400 mts track and grounds for major games.
We provide healthy atmosphere for sports and study to the students as well as for the common people of the area,As such help them to succeed in their normal as well as professional spheres
Our college being situated in rural and backward area, students lack of social support and motivation to take up sports as a career.
We face paucity of funds.