DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Physical Education and Sports
“We have been playing games since humanity and civilization. There is something primal about our desire and our ability to play games. It is so deep seated that it can bypass later day cultural norms and biases.”
Mission / Vision
To provide top class sports facilities so as to mould young generation towards sports and motivate them to lead drug free life.
The department of Physical Education was established in the college in 1969 with the inception of this college. It has produced many national and international players in various games and brought laurels to the institution.
The department of Sports was established in 1970.Mrs. Veena Ahluwalia served as DPE in this institutuion from 1979 - 1985.
Faculty of the Department
Prof. Mrs. Maninderjeet Kaur Randhawa (HoD.) joined the department in 1988 and took the initiative to start the physical education as an elective subject. A big challenge was faced in inculcating interest in students for Games and Physical education as subject, since they belong to remote and rural background. Now maximum students take Physical education subject and Participate in Games and Sports.
The other members who served the department since it’s establishment are
Faculty of the Department
- Mr. Charanjeet Singh (22-8-2002 to 28-2-2003)
- Mr. Inderdeep Singh (15-7-2003 to 28-2-2004)
- Mr. Kulwinder Singh (19-7-2004 to 28-2-2005)
- Mr. Amardeep Singh (6-8-2005 to 5-2-2006)
- Mr. Ranjit Singh (11-7-2006 to 28-2-2007,23-7-2007 to 13-10-2007)
- Mr. Surinder Singh (23-10-2007 to 25-2-2008)
- Mr. Rajesh Godara (17-7-2008 to 28-2-2009)
- Mr. Jasveer Singh (22-7-2009 to 12-9-2009)
- Mr. Bikramjeet Singh (18-9-2009 to 28-2-2010,10-4-2010 to 22-5-2010)
- Mr. Gurwinder Singh (10-7-2010 to 24-3-2011,18-4-2011 to 21-5-2011,1-7-2011 to 7-3-2012,16-4-2012 to 30-5-2012,9-7-2012 to 28-3-2013,11-7-2013 to 25-11-2013)
- Mr. Ashok Kumar (1-8-2012 to 14-9-2012)
- Mr. Harjinder singh (2-9-2013 to 27-3-2014,21-7-2014 to 2-8-2014)
- Mr. Lakhwinder Singh (4-8-2014 to 7-3-2015)
- Mr. Gursewak Singh (20-7-2015 to 15-3-2016,11-4-2016 to 23-5-2016,11-7-2016 to 25-12-2016,11-1-2017 to 25-2-2017,1-8-2017 to till date),11-4-2016 to 23-5-2016,
- Mr. Raj Kumar (1-3-2017 to 22-4-2017)
Prof. Mrs. Maninderjeet Kaur Randhawa (Associate Professor & HoD.)
- B.A.1984, GNDU, ASR
- BPEd 1985, GNDU, ASR 2nd Position In University
- Awarded National Scholarship (Academic) in BPEd
- MPEd 1986, GNDU, ASR
Institutional / Social Responsibility and Extension Activities
- Represented K.V.S. Hockey Team in S.G.F.I. Meet (1976-77, 1977-78, 1978-79,1979-80)
- Captained K.V.S. Hockey Team at Chandigarh in 1978
- Declared Best Hockey player of K.V, Jalandhar Cantt in (1976-77)
- Declared Best Athlete of K.V. JRC, Bareilly in 1979
- Got 2nd Position in Y.M.C.A. Open Athletic Meet in Delhi
- Member of Runner‘s up Hockey team in 34th National Women’s Hockey Championship 1980
- Member of 1st runner’s up Hockey team in 35th Senior women’s Hockey Championship 1981
- Member of runner’s up Hockey team in the All India Inter-University in 1981
- Awarded the Medal for Best hockey Player of the L.K.C.W. Jalandhar (1981)
- Member of runner’s up Punjab Team in 14th National cross country Championship (1980)
- Sports Gradation Certificate –Adjudged as Grade “B’(Sr. Representing State of Punjab)(Hockey) By Directorate of sports Punjab
- Certificate “J” Part 1 NCC Girls Division (Junior Wing) (1976).
- Awarded the Punjab State sports Scholarship (1980-81 & 1981-82).
- Dean sports.
- Member Discipline Committee.
- Member Reception Committee.
- Editor- Physical Education Section in the College Magazine ‘Shveta’.
- Member Anti-Ragging committee.
- Convener Alumni Association.
- Member of Selection Committee of Punjab University of Different Sports clubs.
- Subject Expert in the selection Committee of the College.
- Remained NSS Program Officer (1988-1992) and (1996-1997).
- Co-ordinator Health and Fitness .
- Incharge Marathon Race.
- Attended National Seminar on Socio-Economic Development in India with Historical Perspective / Literature & Changing Values at K.M.V College ,Jalandhar (23-3-1987 to 25-3-1987)
- Presentation in National Seminar on Fitness of Body & Mind B.B,K,D,A,V, College for Woman Amritsar (2-4-1994)
- Participated in the International Conference on Futuristic Trends in Physical Education UGC Sponsored at Punjabi University , Patiala (24-1-2013 to 26-1-2013)
- Participated in Ruralisation to Globalization –”Challenging and changing trends in Higher Education” at M.M.D.D.A.V. College , Gidderbaha (21-1-2014)
Academic Qualification :-
- C.P.Ed Punjabi University, Patiala
- B.P.E Panjabi University, Patiala li>
- B.P Ed Punjabi University, Patiala
- M.P Ed Punjabi University, Patiala
- Gradation certificate ‘B’ Grade.
- Participated in (under16) National All India Rural Games.
- Participated in 3rd Circle Style Kabaddi Championship-2004 50th National School games (under 19) 2004 -1st Position
- Inter-College (2005-06),(2006-07) -1st Position
- Participated in All India Inter-University (2005-06) &(2006-07). Participated in 18th North-Zone National Kabaddi Championship (2006).
- K.L International intercity Kabaddi Championship 2010 at Kualalumpur Malaysia- 4th Position.
- Inter- College (2013-14) -1st Position
- Coached Army Kabaddi Team 11GR, Sangrur, (6th month-sept.2014 to Feb. 2015).
- Attended National Conference on Wellness Through Physical Activity
Future Perspective (UGC sponsored)
- Possess the creative thinking and confidence to utilize the available resources to their full extent.
Attended International Conference Health, Fitness & Environment :
Issues & Challenges at Akal college of Physical Education, Sangrur (18-12-2013 to 19-12-2013)
Presentation in National Conference on Wellness Through Physical Activity :
future Perspective at Pbi. Uni. Patiala (17-1-2014 to 18-1-2014)
Poster Presentation in National Seminar on Exceptional Children with Reference to Special Needs by Autism Educational welfare Socity, Sangrur (19-12-2014)
SWOC OF DEPARTMENT
Strength of our department is the teaching faculty’s integrity and dedication.
Teachers -Student relations are cordial and of mutual respect.
Preparation of sports person of National, All India Inter-University and International Level.
Maximum Student opting Physical Education Subject.
Lack of 400 mts track and grounds for major games.
We provide healthy atmosphere for sports and study to the students as well as for the common people of the area,As such help them to succeed in their normal as well as professional spheres
Our college being situated in rural and backward area, students lack of social support and motivation to take up sports as a career.
We face paucity of funds.